Dániel has over 15 years of experience at international law firms (Kinstellar and Linklaters) as a senior M&A and competition lawyer and litigator. Dániel has gained broad experience in advising on a full range of mergers and acquisition transactions (including public takeovers, privatizations, controlled auctions, acquisition of strategic interests, joint ventures and start-up “greenfield” investments, reorganizations, buyouts, mergers, demergers, other transformations, and liquidations), acting for both bidders and targets as well as strategic and portfolio investors.
Dániel also specializes in advising on civil law litigation and arbitration matters, dispute resolution in corporate and commercial matters related to M&A transactions, corporate governance, and all aspects of competition law and related areas including: joint ventures, supply, exclusive distribution, selective distribution, agency, licensing, servicing agreements and subcontracting, abuse of a dominant market position, concentration, and restrictive trade practices. In addition to his law degree, he also holds an economics degree, is a member of the Budapest Bar Association, and speaks fluent Hungarian and English.
Dániel has acted for several Hungarian and foreign clients during his long career, including:
- A South-Korean tire manufacturer in connection with its greenfield investment in Hungary
- The largest Hungarian retail bank in connection with its acquisitions of banks in the Central and Eastern European region
- Legal due diligence on the concession company operating Liszt Ferenc International Airport in Budapest and the acquisition by a Canadian investor of a majority stake in it
- Cross-border merger of the subsidiaries of an Israeli pharmaceutical company
- Advising on competition law issues related to acquisitions of companies by domestic and foreign clients as well as to their Hungarian operations
- A Hungarian investor, related to legal due diligence and acquisition of a Hungarian company operating a power plant
- Representation of a French pharmaceutical company in civil law litigation proceedings
- Representation of a Russian state-owned bank in civil law litigation proceedings